Bullying Prevention Program
A person is bullied when he or she is exposed, repeatedly and over time, to negative actions in the part of one or more other persons, and he or she has difficulty defending him or herself.
Olweus et al., 2007
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Overview
Even with a school's best efforts, bullying can affect the safety and wellbeing of the entire student population. In order to stop bullying, it needs to be addressed at every level of a student's experience. That's why the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is a whole-school program aimed at preventing or reducing bullying throughout a school setting.
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Goals
The Olweus Bullying Prevention Program is designed to improve peer relations and make schools safer, more positive places for students to learn and develop. Goals of the program include:
- Reducing existing bullying problems among students
- Preventing new bullying problems
- Achieving better peer relations at school
For more information, please visit the home page of Olweus Bullying prevention preogram at:
Our School’s Anti-Bullying Pledge
- We will not bully others.
- We will try to help students who are bullied.
- We will try to include students who are left out.
- If we know that someone is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school or at home.
6th graders wear green in support of OBPP