District Mission, Vision, and Shared Values
DISTRICT MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Punxsutawney Area School District is to prepare students for the future by enabling them to acquire knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to become productive and responsible citizens.
DISTRICT VISION STATEMENT
Since 1823 when the first Punxsutawney school was built, the education of students has been of prime importance. The future success of students in the Punxsutawney Area School District will require committed teachers, involved parents, a supportive community, and strong academic programs and activities that will enrich our students’ lives. Our students will continue to be lifelong learners who will be able to adapt to an ever-changing and increasingly diverse world.
DISTRICT SHARED VALUES
- A nurturing, stimulating and safe environment promotes learning.
- Learning is an interactive process.
- Technology enhances learning.
- Respectful, positive, and collaborative relationships are essential for learning.
- Student growth is dependent upon the quality of instruction provided by the teacher.
- Cooperation and communication between school, student, parent, and community are vital for a successful school district.
- All students can learn.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The Punxsutawney Area School District is an equal opportunity education institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its admission procedures, educational programs, activities, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact Gerald G. Gigliotti (Title IX Coordinator) at Punxsutawney Area High School, 500 North Findley Street, Punxsutawney, PA 15767. Telephone: (814) 938-5151, ext. 6531 or Karen A. Young (Section 504 Coordinator) at Punxsutawney Area High School, 500 North Findley Street, Punxsutawney, PA 15767. Telephone: (814) 938-5151, ext. 6523.